Come lift your writing game with Writer’s Toolbox founder Dr Ian Hunter and our expert writing coaches. Leave armed with the power to really teach writing in a way that your students just get. Plus, have fun—and delicious pastries—while doing it.
- Experience the impact of five unique sentence styles, each of which will change the flavour of your students’ writing and increase their fluency.
- Explore a common-language approach to writing—no grammar jargon here—and learn effective writing techniques you can immediately deploy in the classroom.
- Get research and evidence-based insights to boost your writing confidence.
- Try for yourself—teach meaningful writing with the power of the Writer’s Toolbox online tool and Sentence Train.
- Discover a range of paragraph structures that allow your students to convey those critical, deep-thought processes—none of that PEEL nonsense here.
- See how a whole-school approach to improving student writing —across all subjects and year levels—will increase student achievement rates.
“I honestly think what we learnt at this conference will revolutionise teaching in this country.”
Glyn Roberts, Secondary Curriculum Leader, Investigator College
Melbourne 2-Day Teacher Writing Conference | May 29 & 30
Date: May 29 & 30. Location: Novotel Melbourne on Collins. Time: 8:30am-3:30pm both days. Fully catered.
Sydney 2-Day Teacher Writing Conference | 1 & 2 June
Date: 1 & 2 June. Location: Barker College. Time: 8:30am-3:30pm both days. Fully catered, street parking only.
Brisbane 2-Day Teacher Writing Conference | 8 & 9 June
Date: 8 & 9 June. Location: Victoria Park Conference Centre. Time: 8:30am-3:30pm both days. Fully catered & complimentary onsite parking.
New Zealand 2-Day Teacher Writing Conference | Sept 18 & 19
Date: September 18 & 19. Location: St Paul's Collegiate, Hamilton. Time: 8:30am-3:30pm both days. Fully catered & complimentary onsite parking.